Saturday, January 26, 2013

Meet Chloe!

Hi everyone!
My name is Chloe Cheney-Rice, and I'm currently a junior concentrating in Sociology and receiving a certificate in African American Studies. I'm originally from Los Angeles, California, and I'll be studying abroad this Spring semester in Istanbul, Turkey! Since high school I knew I wanted study abroad to be a part of my college experience, and I'm so excited to actualize that dream this coming semester by studying in Istanbul. Among the many things I'm looking forward to, I'm particularly excited to start learning a new language, to eat delicious food, and meet people from around the world! On top of that, I'm truly fascinated by the impact of the country's history of rapid modernization on contemporary Turkish culture, as well as the resulting description of Turkey as a place where "east meets west," which I'm excited to experience first-hand. I can't wait for the many adventures that await me, and I'm happy that I get to share them with you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment